Wednesday, August 25, 2010

General Boarding Will Begin in a Few Minutes

I'm at Logan Airport right now waiting to fly away to Ohio. It's a work thing and I feel positively nothing like George Clooney. I wish I had a tightly packed carry-on and was a very handsome bachelor (I actually don't think he's that good looking, is that weird?)

They make you watch some commercial video before they allow you to have wireless access - but I totally won that game by staring at the coffee counter while it played. I think Logan just got served.

Ryan is in San Francisco at a baseball game. On the phone you can hear all kinds of ambient noise that suggests a picture of cheerful cheering fans, happy half-eaten hot dogs, tans, just tons of happy tanned people who love baseball and get to live in California. Meanwhile, back in East Boston everything is a pretty blinding shade of gray and the light at the end of the tunnel is a deluxe room at the La Quinta next to the Cleveland airport. DUMPS! I'M IN 'EM! I don't think Doritos will help but I'm wondering if it's worth a shot.

My dad gave me a crossword puzzle and a newly sharpened pencil, and earlier today I downloaded "The Orchard", Ra Ra Riot's new CD -- so these are the things that I'm concentrating on. Really trying not to think about those Doritos. Or moving to California.

You know, that girl from Up in the Air that won an Oscar is also featured in the Twilight movies. How stupid does that make Kristen Stewart feel? Or maybe Kristen Stewart doesn't feel stupid, she only ever feels tired and peeved. I think I feel like Kristen Stewart. Not George Clooney.



OHIO!

No comments:

Post a Comment